POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : electronic bracelet over water : Re: electronic bracelet over water Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: electronic bracelet over water
From: mine
Date: 22 Oct 2006 23:15:00
Message: <web.453c334797971145439fbf410@news.povray.org>
Spock <Spo### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> I like the bracelet, I like the water, and I like where this is going.
>
> Is the strange artifact (halo) that keeps the blue part of the bracelet
> from touching the water intentional?  If its a force-field then you've
> got it right.  If its meant to be plastic/glass/futuristic-clear-stuff
> then you should add some reflection or highlights.
>
> Check out some of the recent postings that show water interacting with
> objects (nice work with a rectangular block and its corresponding ripple
> pattern).  In your case the scene would definitely benefit from some
> interaction between the bracelet and the water.
>
> Not sure if writing, greebles, or other details might improve the
> perception of scale, but I'm sure you will think of something.
>
> Looking forward to future cycles!

Wow, thank you for the great responce. :) The artifact is meant to be glass.
I had a reflection of the sun but the sun looked a bit low to me, so i put
the light source in a place so that the "phong thingo" didn't show. Your
comments have inspired me to try again. I don't see how the bracelet should
interact with the water as it's above it (hovering). Thank you again. :)