POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Demonstration of ( very simple) room-macros and some wingsmodels : Re: Demonstration of ( very simple) room-macros and some wingsmodels Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Demonstration of ( very simple) room-macros and some wingsmodels
From: Smws
Date: 20 Oct 2006 10:55:00
Message: <web.4538e33b6a2185e9da53d9e40@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> Smws wrote:
> > Here is a picture of a room I am working on, and some Wing models I
> > made for it
>
>    Great lighting! The table design is great, and I seem to remember
> having seen a real table similar to this one... is it a real design?
>
>    About to the "missing" reflection from the black (iron?) pot, I think
> it's right: the black parts would not be adding anything to the surface
> color... :)
>
> > Actually I think Chris or Jaime's method is better,
>
>    I think a mixed method would be better (as long as you don't need
> automatic room building): wings3d for the room walls, floor and ceiling,
> and POV-Ray macros for the windows, doors, etc..
>
> > aliasing on the wood floor is terrible, I'm working on it.
>
>    Forget AA for this kind of scene: use focal blur with a few samples
> and then render at twice the final resolution you want, then resize down
> with interpolation. I did that for my last interior test and seems to be
> what obtains better results:
>
> http://www.ignorancia.org/uploads/images/modern_interior/interior3-060914-1.jpg
>
> --
> Jaime

Ah, thanks for the compliments. Indeed the pitcher does have a reflection,
but it is very faint; I think the reflection in general is sort of
unrealistic in this image (indeed, in almost all my images-). Thanks for
the tips- I will try both AA and blur and see which works better. With the
radiosity settings it already takes so long, even with your save-load...

-Stefan