POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Inhabitants of "Pig Island" (2 jpg, appr 600k) : Re: Inhabitants of "Pig Island" (2 jpg, appr 600k) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inhabitants of "Pig Island" (2 jpg, appr 600k)
From: Karl Anders
Date: 20 Oct 2006 04:50:00
Message: <web.45388d6810fdd4bc37b4bd690@news.povray.org>
"Sebastian" <van### [at] gmxde> wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your thorough explanation, though I have to hint at the fact that
I knew most of  that before (I did mention osaka.ttf and rendering
japanese/chinese characters ?!) :-)

The main problem is hidden in your phrase

> and of course switch your editor to utf8-encoding.

to which I reply "which SWITCH ??"     ;-)

I'm using a Mac, system 9.0, and neither POV-Ray's nor MegaPOV's inbuilt
editor supports utf8 directly, nor any other I have here. I have got my
very personal reasons for NOT updating to OS X, which I would prefer not to
discuss here. I've had enough of that when Thorsten (rightfully!!) asked me
to switch to a system less than fifteen years old when I reported some
minor problems with POV-Ray ... :-)

Anyway, if I needed to have umlauts in my picture, I could always enter the
code directly into the string, I have used that before but didn't care to
do so with this overview.

Thank you for your patience and your explanations

Karl