POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP:ocean[jpeg@82kb] with jpeg, this time : Re: WIP:ocean[jpeg@82kb] with jpeg, this time Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:25:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP:ocean[jpeg@82kb] with jpeg, this time
From: Smws
Date: 18 Oct 2006 14:05:01
Message: <web.45366c84fa563cefda53d9e40@news.povray.org>
marabou <not### [at] availableyet> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:57:59 -0400 Smws wrote:
>
> > marabou <not### [at] availableyet> wrote:
> [..]
> >
> > It looks very nice. I really like the water, and you have good models for
> > the chair and for the bottles. Would it be possible to add foam perhaps
> > around the bottles, chair, shoreline?
> >
> I believe it is possible. Wich technique should I use? For isosurfaces my
> knowledge in mathematics is too bad.
Hmmm, mine is none too good either. Despite my recommendation I have no idea
how to do it. If you could find where in the x-z plane the chairs and bottle
intersected the water, you could trace() foam-object(s) onto the sea? Maybe
harder than the result is worth...

> > As for the cloud, a cloud like that, to my mind, tends to be more
> [..]
> > If you wanted you could try MakeCloud by Gilles Tran:
> > http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources13.htm
>
> This was my starting point. I did it his way: creating B/W-TGAs,
> converting them to df3, using it in POV-code.
> Seems my attempt failed...
No, no, it didn't fail, I just think perhaps they could be more transparent.
The shape itself is quite good.

> > or Jaime Vives Piqueres' "stacked sky":
> > http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Stacked_Planes
> >
> I will read it.
> > Of course making it in your own fashion might be more satisfying, but
> > you can take a look at how others have done it.
> >
> > The only other criticism I have is the light- on a day like that, with
> > little clouds and sharp shadows, it seems like the light at the beach
> > should be much brighter and more contrasted with the shadows. This
> > however is very subjective.
> >
> It is very bright. If it were brighter someone would not see the grain.
> IMO.
Well, like I said, it is very subjective.

-Stefan