POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Inhabitants of "Pig Island" (2 jpg, appr 600k) : Re: Inhabitants of "Pig Island" (2 jpg, appr 600k) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inhabitants of "Pig Island" (2 jpg, appr 600k)
From: Karl Anders
Date: 18 Oct 2006 10:30:00
Message: <web.453639b610fdd4bcd51682850@news.povray.org>
"Sebastian" <van### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> I liked Settlers very much and I think it was Settlers 2 I played
> some years ago. So I like the idea :-).

Thank you, but, as I've written before, it will be a loooong time before
this game will really exist, if ever. Nevertheless we feel quite good
dreaming about professions for the pigs and other details.

> Btw. PoV-Ray supports Unicode in utf8 encoding.

That I had already found in the docs ...

> Though there were problems with some PoV-Fonts and
> umlauts iIrc. I just saw 'Holzfaeller'...

.... and found it easier to make japanese characters with osaka.ttf (part of
system 9) then to write umlauts with the PoV-Fonts. If Thorsten ever sees
this he will probably tell me it's dead easy, but I wanted to put my little
bit of spare time into the piggies and not into the writing. When I started
using computers there were no umlauts at all (those were the days), so
"Holzfaeller" does not look too strange to me :-)

Greetings
Karl