POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Inhabitants of "Pig Island" (2 jpg, appr 600k) : Inhabitants of "Pig Island" (2 jpg, appr 600k) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Inhabitants of "Pig Island" (2 jpg, appr 600k)
From: Karl Anders
Date: 18 Oct 2006 03:45:00
Message: <web.4535daacca921a26cc0db3c40@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

as already mentioned in the text for my IRTC:Music-entry, those pigs I'm
mostly working with at the moment have been primarily made for
demonstrating a few ideas for a computer game. This game, which will
probably never be finished, is heavily based on Settlers by BlueByte. We,
that is, my wife and me, had a few wishes concerning Settlers since version
1 - which we played on the amiga - long time ago! We had a few ideas
concerning a more complicated ecology, and other people had those, too,
obviously, since some of them are in Settlers 3 and 4. Alas, BlueByte has
given up the Macintosh after Settlers version 2 (and we WON'T buy a windows
box, not even for that game:-)), and so we continue dreaming about our own
settlers clone, which is called "Pig Island" for the time being. Though the
little guys in BlueByte's game now need houses to multiply, they obviously
use some kind of low-tech cloning, since the only girls seen onscreen are
the amazons (and that society is female only :-) ). We always wanted guys
and gals, so without further ado please look at two pictures showing the
special clothing for (most of) the occupations pigs can have, male and
female. The legend is in german, I have to say, and RealLife(TM) prevents
me from translating all that. I would have to get a better dictionary
first, since I really don't know the english names for some of those old
crafts ...

Comments welcome

Karl

----
Settlers, BlueByte, and Windows are, of course, Registered Trademarks of
companies you all know; no copyright infringement was intended ...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'piggirls.jpg' (248 KB)

Preview of image 'piggirls.jpg'