POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC entry - almost finished! : Re: IRTC entry - almost finished! Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:34:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC entry - almost finished!
From: s day
Date: 16 Oct 2006 18:45:00
Message: <web.45340aa6d0051878186e54370@news.povray.org>
> Here's the nearly-final version of my entry for this round of the IRTC. I
> still need to tweak a few things, it's taking far too long to render at
> present. The shadows need to be a little smoother, the floor normals need
> toning down (they're all but invisible and take ages to render). I'm
> thinking of changing the rotation on the girl a bit (although probably not
> the pose). Finally, I might remove the ashtray on the table; it's a little
> over-detailed and takes inordinately longer to render than other areas.
> Maybe I'll just edit the detail down a bit.
>
> I think the overall brightness is about right, but this image has been
> gamma-corrected from the original, which is much darker. That's what
> developing a scene on a laptop screen does for you...
>
> Comments welcome, although it might be a bit late in the day to take on any
> extensive suggestions!
>
> Bill

I think it is great as it is, the floor normals look pretty good and give
the impression of a carpet. I also like the ashtray so don't think it
should be removed. The girl is a really good model and I like the glowing
ghost effect how is that done?

I can't really think of anything to improve this image it looks very good as
it is, I guess the fireplace texture is the only thing that I am not too
keen on the grate just doesn't look right (maybe it needs a bit of black
soot or something) but that is very minor. Should be a good contender for
the IRTC.

Sean