POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC entry - almost finished! : IRTC entry - almost finished! Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:33:12 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC entry - almost finished!
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 16 Oct 2006 10:55:01
Message: <web.45339c166990c064731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Greetings all.

Here's the nearly-final version of my entry for this round of the IRTC. I
still need to tweak a few things, it's taking far too long to render at
present. The shadows need to be a little smoother, the floor normals need
toning down (they're all but invisible and take ages to render). I'm
thinking of changing the rotation on the girl a bit (although probably not
the pose). Finally, I might remove the ashtray on the table; it's a little
over-detailed and takes inordinately longer to render than other areas.
Maybe I'll just edit the detail down a bit.

I think the overall brightness is about right, but this image has been
gamma-corrected from the original, which is much darker. That's what
developing a scene on a laptop screen does for you...

Comments welcome, although it might be a bit late in the day to take on any
extensive suggestions!

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: