POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (wip) : Re: Down the Drain (wip) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (wip)
From: Smws
Date: 13 Oct 2006 12:45:01
Message: <web.452fc233196f9067da53d9e40@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> Well, This is the state-of-the-art wip for my IRTC entry. All props are in
> place; most things have turned out satisfyingly; still have to work on the
> sky. Still a couple of weeks to go, so that should be possible.
>
> At this stage, I am truly interested in your criticism, so that I can do
> something with it (or not...:-))
>
> Oh! by the way! Found the Drain? Look better. It is there...
>
> Thomas

Thomas: an excellent image! I love your concept (uncomfortably close to
mine...) and I think you have executed it very well. I like the
slime/seaweed especially, maybe it should coat the rocks and shells a
little bit too? Right now the nubbly tan rocks look like they were put
there later (but they are very rocklike).

The decayed and abandoned ships I like very much- you model them with
primitives? Also: the closest pillar is a little too close for the texture
to work, in my opinion. The edges on it should be more rounded, from ages
beneath the sea, and it should have little pockmarks and roughness- or just
move it a little away from the camera, and "feature" the decaying hull
instead.

Also, I was unable to find the drain. More prominent?

Just my $.02... Good work!

Stefan Sittler