POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (wip) : Re: Down the Drain (wip) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:31:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (wip)
From: Smws
Date: 13 Oct 2006 12:35:01
Message: <web.452fc005196f9067da53d9e40@news.povray.org>
"Marc" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> 452f73fe@news.povray.org...
> > Well, This is the state-of-the-art wip for my IRTC entry. All props are in
> > place; most things have turned out satisfyingly; still have to work on the
> > sky. Still a couple of weeks to go, so that should be possible.
> >
> > At this stage, I am truly interested in your criticism, so that I can do
> > something with it (or not...:-))
> >
> > Oh! by the way! Found the Drain? Look better. It is there...
> >
> > Thomas
> >

> Wonderful image as usual!
> If it is for IRTC,I think the collumns are too much, they drain attention
> from the *absence* which is strong here.
> I had a thought at doing an image on Aral sea and you are close to my
> concept :-)
> I'd see some other (not wrecked) ships instead of ruins
>
> Marc

AAH! Aral Sea! You chose EXACTLY the concept I am working on! I suppose it
wasn't such a stretch to think of it-- still, I thought I would get lucky
:)

Great minds... and all that I suppose. And of course Thomas has done a very
similar theme as well.

Well, I think I will enter anyway, I doubt our realizations will be too
similar, Alain.

-Stefan