POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (wip) : Re: Down the Drain (wip) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (wip)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 13 Oct 2006 11:15:01
Message: <web.452fad00196f9067731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Excellent concept, and I love the image!

A few thoughts:
The muddy-seaweed texture on the columns and river bed looks OK from a
distance, but decidedly procedural from close up! I think a little more
work on this would improve it no end.
Not sure about the actual presence of the columns. If you remove the one in
the foreground, it may not be obvious what the others are... and the others
block the view along the river somewhat...
Maybe a jetty or pontoon on the left, with some stray vertical timbers to
indicate age? They could get the seaweed treatment instead? Just an idea.

The wreck and the stranded non-wreck look great, and I think the river-banks
look fine.

Bill

PS I'm quite looking forward to seeing the other entries for this round.
This topic should produce some real variety!