POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Head test w/Wings3d : Re: Head test w/Wings3d Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Head test w/Wings3d
From: EagleSun
Date: 11 Oct 2006 22:10:01
Message: <web.452da376e4de19fd5862e4250@news.povray.org>
"Smws" <smw### [at] poboxcom> wrote:
> After a couple of false starts, I have made my first decent head model in
> Wings3d. Now I want to give it a good but simple texture. I have had
> difficulty especially with the eyes. Right now they are modelled as one
> piece, with a "bump" for the iris and lens and a hole for the pupil. I
> think I will have to model a lens, is this what is usually done? I'm not
> looking for photorealism, just sort of real-ish from 20 feet or something
> :)
>
> Will I have to resort to making a uv-map for the different flesh tones? Is
> there a place I can find some to look at? I don't know how to remove
> shadows from an image to get the diffuse pigment from a face.
>
> I'm also at a loss on the "whites" of the eyes. They either look glowing or
> plastic when I fiddle with the texture.
>
> Also feedback about the modelling/proportions would be great.
>
> If there's interest I can post the mesh for others to play around with, it
> would be cc-attrib-share-alike.

I'm interested in the mesh.  And do you have other human meshes?

And the model you posted might fit with this photo I'm posting.. Are you
interested in news media exposure?  She's a news reporter, and if you are
successful, you might get her interest...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'deborah-duncan.jpg' (18 KB)

Preview of image 'deborah-duncan.jpg'