POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : SMP positive response with minor problem animating PNG files CRASH : SMP positive response with minor problem animating PNG files CRASH Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  SMP positive response with minor problem animating PNG files CRASH
From: Andycadd
Date: 6 Oct 2006 13:50:01
Message: <web.45269676fe98b0acfedbe4b90@news.povray.org>
Wonderful  Beta 3.7 current #
Using the exact same scene files but swapping out all 3 executable I get the
following results in a 3000 x 4000 render

STD 3.6              62 minutes
regular 3.7 Beta     30 minutes
SSE 3.7 beta         27 minutes

The generated files look identical with the same file size for the 2 beta
files, slightly larger for the 3.6 file.  I used whatever defaults and
identical INI settings.

Is there a reason for the default "block style" rendering in 3.7 rather that
the "scan-line style" of 3.6?

But.....  both of the Beta renders crashed after the first frame
(rendering to png with default settings) while the 3.6 render continued onto
the next frame. I haven't tried any other output formats yet but I probably
will.