POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien Anemone : Re: Alien Anemone Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:34:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien Anemone
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 6 Oct 2006 13:45:00
Message: <web.4526950383e2c7d48c7259570@news.povray.org>
"Random Pete" <pet### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>I encountered a bug in POV 3.6 and had to switch to MegaPOV for rendering;
>>occasionally when a spline function is passed as a parameter to a macro,
>>the parser will fail with a bizarre error message.

If you poke around through other POVRay.general and POVRay.images postings,
you'll find you're not first/alone in this strange bug encounter.  It's
also not present in POV 3.5.  And since I use quite a few spline calls with
while-loops, I run into it quite often.  Anyway, good to hear it's fixed in
3.7Beta (which I haven't tried yet.)

Anyway, really cool images.  Is there an alien clown fish that can live in
this anemone?

Dave Matthews