POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bat Boy gets it... : Re: Bat Boy gets it... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bat Boy gets it...
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 4 Oct 2006 13:40:00
Message: <web.4523f008bc465b3343a5e2560@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> ...Bad.
>
>  Just an update on 'Feathered Friends", but now I need a new name.
> Suggestions?

How about, "Bat Boy Gets It Bad"?

I find the wings a little too imposing on the boy.  My feeling is that the
bones should be much narrower, but there should be generous muscle
attachment to his back and shoulder. (In the real world, a boy-sized flyer
would need pecs that would embarrass Superman, attached to an imposing,
keel-shaped sternum.  I suppose i'm impressed by the *power* of flight.)  I
also think the wings would "feel" more balanced wrt the rest of the boy if
they were a tad shorter.

>  I'm thinking about putting an ornate (I knew I shouldn't have typed that
> word!) iron fence/railing just behind the skellington and running alongside
> the river (south bank).
>
>    Yes or no?

Nah, i think it would be distracting.  But there's nothing stopping you from
trying it. :-)  I think a barbed wire fence might work.

Is that an older version of the Poser skeleton?  The neck vertebrae don't
look anything like in real life, and in your posting last week, the lower
back vertebrae have a Pillsbury dough boy look to them.  I know there's a
recent Poser model that's pretty accurate.

Neck vertebrae: http://www.gwc.maricopa.edu/class/bio201/vert/cerv.htm

They're shaped quite a bit differently from the back vertebrae.  (Note that
C2 has a pivot on top, and C1 is just a ring with no body, so it fits over
the pivot.  This is how you turn your head. :-)  It also illustrates why
you should *never* shake a baby; if C1 becomes dislocated off C2, baby's
spinal cord is history.  And so is baby.)