POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OSX X-Windows problems : Re: OSX X-Windows problems Server Time
26 Jun 2024 05:08:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OSX X-Windows problems
From: P  Vanhuben
Date: 30 Sep 2006 09:50:01
Message: <web.451e75417b4d5829a241da900@news.povray.org>
Thanks for your suggestion Nicolas. Unfortunately X is still not working for
me.

I was wrong about the location of the libraries and includes they are in
the same place as for the PPC version which works fine. I am using OSX
10.4.7 for Intel.

I did this:

# assuming sh-like shell  (switched to sh)

xpath="/usr/X11R6"
sh-2.05b$ ./configure COMPILED_BY=me --x-includes=$xpath/include
--x-libraries=$xpath/lib

From config.log

POV-Ray 3.6.1 has been configured with the following features:
  I/O restrictions: enabled
  X Window display: enabled
  SVGAlib display : disabled

 Now from XTerm Povray runs fine and builds a .png file but there is still
no preview in a new X_Window. There is still a scrolling ASCII display in
the XTerm Window.

Do you have any other ideas ?

  Thanks again for your help.

  -Paul