POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Steam Locomotive (still a newbie after all these years) : Re: WIP: Steam Locomotive (still a newbie after all these years) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:43:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Steam Locomotive (still a newbie after all these years)
From: Randy
Date: 27 Sep 2006 23:50:01
Message: <web.451b45e236e9b45f61c8c96c0@news.povray.org>

Wow, thank you for your kind words.

I was not expecting to be complimented much, let alone called "inspiring" !!

I was trying for the toy-like thing, but decided the heavier boiler was
better.

I need to add more details, things like the linkages, the whistle and the
Bell are absolute musts for a steam locomotive, Don't you think? And they
will make animations so much more interesting from both a visual and
modelling perspective!

Looking forward, I made the rails out of a prism, but can't figure out how
to get them to work for a curved section of track.  Any ideas?

Randy