POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cuda & Bel Air : Re: Cuda & Bel Air Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cuda & Bel Air
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 27 Sep 2006 08:50:00
Message: <web.451a73269738833ac150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> All that said, I may try to adjust the viewing angle of the scene to see how
> it works out...
>
> -tgq

A quick render with the viewing angle increased to 60deg and the camera
moved closer.  Perspective looks a little better.  I think one of the major
problems with the other version is not so much the apparent scale factor,
but the relative sharpness of the focus of the background and near objects.
 Our brain tells us that for the focus to look the way it does, the
background must be closer, which then dictates the realtive scale of the
objects/scene (i.e. for that kind of zoom, we expect a blurrier
background).

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: