POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : From Rubbage Bin to Junkyard (too late for IRTC again!) : Re: From Rubbage Bin to Junkyard (too late for IRTC again!) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:38:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: From Rubbage Bin to Junkyard (too late for IRTC again!)
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Sep 2006 06:20:01
Message: <web.4513b84ead1ab2aeb0d7b10e0@news.povray.org>
"Joanne Simpson" <cor### [at] onewhiteravencom> wrote:
> I just have to get faster at this stuff. Here is how we in the mining
> industry used to leave our open pits before we got socially responsible.
> Joanne

I like this very much. So, I'll pick on a few things....  :-)

The overall image seems to lack a bit of contrast. Try a little higher
assumed_gamma value, perhaps? (I know, I know...that's frowned on...)

The trees look they all started growing at the same time (same general
height.)  Or maybe that's what actually happens when nature *finally* gets
a chance to make a comeback.

Can't tell what those gear-like things are that are in the water.  Some rust
might be nice, if they're metal.  But perhaps not, if they're rubber... :-P

Was wondering if the water has an IOR; I ask because the aforementiond
gear-like things are lacking an appearance of depth in the water. Or the
water's reflection could be a bit too high.

Really nice, though. The thumbnail looked like an actual photo when I first
saw it. Beautiful work.

Ken W.