POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ghost girl (very mild nudity) : Re: Ghost girl (very mild nudity) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost girl (very mild nudity)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 20 Sep 2006 07:40:00
Message: <web.451127bcd89b4a7a731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Joanne Simpson" <cor### [at] onewhiteravencom> wrote:
> How do you do that? For some reason I thought that mesh2 objects did not
> fully support materials, i.e. interior & media.

You can add interior media etc to any mesh, but the results might end up
garbage depending on the nature of the object. If a camera ray only passes
through one surface on the mesh, for example, then the media will appear
saturated. As long as the mesh is a fully closed volume, media should work
fine.

If an inside_vector is added to the mesh def, CSG is also possible (provided
the surface normals are also consistent).

Bill