POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Steam Locomotive (still a newbie after all these years) : WIP: Steam Locomotive (still a newbie after all these years) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:39:01 EDT (-0400)
  WIP: Steam Locomotive (still a newbie after all these years)
From: Randy
Date: 18 Sep 2006 23:40:00
Message: <web.450f65bf5128460061c8c96c0@news.povray.org>
I think my first experiences playing around with POV were at around v2.1.

However, I have mostly used it like a 3-D CAD thingy, to visualize some
ideas and such.  So getting it "realistic" wasn't something I strove for.

This image is of a Steam Loco I was working up for doing a small animation
to amuse my small child and grandchildren (yes, I had another one very late
in life).

So far I am putting it together piece by piece, just trying to get a
pleasing look  from a proportional standpoint. There are lots of details to
go, but I got to learn a bit about prisms, bezier splines, and am looking
forward to putting all sorts of neat tubing together on it with sphere
sweeps and all.

Please be gentle in your criticisms, many parts are just initially there as
a simple box or something for the sake of something being there, and not
just empty space.

I've got to get more of a slightly reflective steel surface texture rather
than the silver I am using.  Anybody have any suggestions for the rails and
the wheels?

Randy

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: