POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ghost girl (very mild nudity) : Re: Ghost girl (very mild nudity) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:34:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghost girl (very mild nudity)
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 18 Sep 2006 09:10:00
Message: <web.450e9a7fd89b4a7a731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> Concerning the artifacts, did you try to increase the max_trace_level?
Yes, with no joy. I believe the spots are caused by gaps in the mesh which
cause the media to appear infinitely deep at those points, but there's
little I can do about it. They look similar to the coincident surface
artifact, but manifest themselves much more rarely, seemingly at random
locations depending on render resolution, etc.

> About her appearence in general, how about making her surface fully
> transparent and filling her with emitting media instead?
I've tried that, and although the results are interesting, I prefer this
'glowing outline' look! :-) I have some more experiments in mind, however.

Bill