POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New desktop background - WIP : Re: New desktop background - WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:34:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New desktop background - WIP
From: P Brewer
Date: 15 Sep 2006 22:10:00
Message: <web.450b5cb039cdd448918360b20@news.povray.org>
> However, I agree that the shadow looks too uniform and should be darker
> under the planets.  I have radiosity brightness level set to 1.  Do you
> think that's too high?  The entire image looked a little washed-out
> originally, so I post-processed it (gasp!) to increase the contrast.
> Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this in POVRay?

I'm far from the expert, I normally just play with stuff until it looks
right. But you *should* be able to get the brightness and contrast you want
without resorting to post processing. I would try to balance the radiosity
brightness with the strength of your light source (environment image or
point lights). Are you using MegaPOV with HDR, or standard Pov?