POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Catapult - height_field issue..? : Re: Catapult - height_field issue..? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:42:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Catapult - height_field issue..?
From: s day
Date: 10 Sep 2006 07:30:01
Message: <web.4503f6206d4b72cedcaf9b5c0@news.povray.org>
"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote:

> Any ideas on how to create a lion head like that?
> Or any teqniques on transforming "real" images to usable height_fields?

The catapult looks good so far and the lion height field actually looks
better than I was expecting when I read your description of how it was
created. I think a mesh modelled lion is the best option but if you are
like me (I have no mesh modelling experience at all) I think you could get
away with using a blob I have used these for modelling organic looking
shapes in some images when the detail level does not need to be very high.
The closest I have come to a lion with a blob is on the image below, you
can have the source if you want (but I am sure you could find a better lion
than this one somewhere).

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: