POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Photons and dispersion. : Re: Photons and dispersion. Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:38:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons and dispersion.
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 8 Sep 2006 17:00:00
Message: <web.4501d3fb710e67c043a5e2560@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote:

> I have one concern with this result: the shadow of the shape on the ground
> does not seem to be anti-aliased. What's up?

It's two things.

1. The threshold *is* too high.  Set Antialias_Threshold to 0.02, or use
+A0.02.  (Most scenes won't need it this low, but this scene does.)  I also
figured out the reason why the glass seemed antialiased but not the shadow:
the dispersion!  As the light spread out inside the glass, it automatically
fudged the aliasing artifacts.

2. Ooh, i almost forgot.  Use +AM2.  Never mind that, just add
Sampling_Method=2 to your povray.ini file and be done with it.