POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pondering Perfection ... : Re: Pondering Perfection ... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pondering Perfection ...
From: Mike Andrews
Date: 8 Sep 2006 13:50:00
Message: <web.4501ac06329ebd51c717c9af0@news.povray.org>
Hi RusHHouR,

"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> wrote:
> It's really nice. I wanna zoom in like crazy, just to se if it ever ends!!
> Have you made anything with a similar idea earlier?

Unfortunately it's only ten levels deep - just about down to invisibility at
this scale.

I haven't tried anything quite like this; it took a while to figure out how
to get the centre of rotation position too! A question someone asked about
radiosity sample 'spread' on one of the groups got me playing with that.
I'd tried to do the scene in another way without a figure a week or so
previously and ran into a bug in POV-Ray which stopped me then. I'd
downloaded DAZ|Studio and started playing with that and suddenly the scene
came together in my head. With some tweaking I got the image to come out as
I imagined it, more or less.

> Cheers

Bye for now,

Mike.