POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First foray with DAZ|Studio ... : Re: First foray with DAZ|Studio ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:35:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First foray with DAZ|Studio ...
From: Mike Andrews
Date: 8 Sep 2006 13:25:00
Message: <web.4501a67d45455152c717c9af0@news.povray.org>
Hi Rune,

"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> wrote:
> Mike Andrews wrote:
> > I've rerendered the scene with a much subdued background, slightly
> > better pose, modified hair and higher res texture maps (I realise now
> > I accidently exported lower res maps from PoseRay in the earlier
> > image - novice mistake). I think it's a slight improvement overall.
>
> I really liked the first image. The blue light gave a certain feel and depth
> to the image which seems lacking in the new one. Also, the new, warm hair
> color seems out of place compared to all the other colors used in the image,
> which are all fairly cool.

Looking at the two images again I can see your point. The original colours
add more 'mood' to the image. So, here attached is v3 with the updated pose
and textures but a return to the earlier colours. I moved the horizon in a
bit which I think is better. The render looked a bit washed out so I
altered the contrast/brightness of the posted image.

> Nevertheless, great image!

Thanks very much! Hope you like the latest (and probably last) version.

> Rune
> --
> http://runevision.com

Bye for now,