POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pondering Perfection ... : Re: Pondering Perfection ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:42:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pondering Perfection ...
From: Mike Andrews
Date: 3 Sep 2006 16:25:00
Message: <web.44fb3928329ebd514412bbb10@news.povray.org>
Hi Sean,

"s.day" <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
> Firstly this is a great image, and really shows how good radiosity can look.

Thanks very much. It's a concept that's been rattling around in my head for
a while, but I've only now been able to realise it.

> When you say the scene is pure radiosity do you mean no light sources? How
> are the flat light panels made.

No light sources at all. The lights are just high-ambient inserts in the
blocks. I'll post the source without the figure in p.b.s-f so you can see
:-)

I've altered the spread and distribution of the radiosity samples by using
the 'samples{}' block that MegaPov allows. You can get some fun effects
that way!

> Nice work..

Thanks again. Maybe someday I'll get up to your standard ... maybe.

> Sean

Bye for now,

Mike Andrews.