POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First foray with DAZ|Studio ... : Re: First foray with DAZ|Studio ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:39:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First foray with DAZ|Studio ...
From: Mike Andrews
Date: 3 Sep 2006 14:45:00
Message: <web.44fb21b2454551523dfe44130@news.povray.org>
Hi Steve,

[[interspersed comments]]

"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> "Mike Andrews" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> > Hi Folks,
>
> > So, after some fumbling around here's my first real (proto)scene.
>
>     That's nice. It reminds me of a sci-fi film that I once watched, (early
> 80's(?) and I CANNOT remember what it was called), but mostly, the
> background to the film was just pure white. I think I remember that you
> couldn't even see the horizon line between sky and ground.
>
>     Nice composition with this image. It looks 'right'to me.

Thanks for the comments. There have been 'white rooms' in several films,
'The Matrix' most recently that I've seen. It's a fairly standard prop for
'strange or alien place' :-)

I've rerendered the scene with a much subdued background, slightly better
pose, modified hair and higher res texture maps (I realise now I accidently
exported lower res maps from PoseRay in the earlier image - novice mistake).
I think it's a slight improvement overall.

> > I must say, FlyerX deserves a lot of kudos for PoseRay... <...>
>
>    Yep, s/he deserves a medal, that's for sure. (Thank you FX).
>
>      ~Steve~

Quite agree.

Bye for now,

Mike Andrews.