POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First foray with DAZ|Studio ... : First foray with DAZ|Studio ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:35:09 EDT (-0400)
  First foray with DAZ|Studio ...
From: Mike Andrews
Date: 1 Sep 2006 09:45:01
Message: <web.44f838ab2b3aef7cc717c9af0@news.povray.org>
Hi Folks,

Well, over the bank-holiday weekend I finally downloaded DAZ|Studio and a
bunch of the free content and started playing around. Then I saw some of

could afford some items ... :-)

So, after some fumbling around here's my first real (proto)scene.

I must say, FlyerX deserves a lot of kudos for PoseRay - it took my objects
from the DAZ|Studio export and converted them flawlessly to POVRay objects.
I made a couple of cosmetic texture alterations (mainly to the hair), built
a scene to display the figure and rendered. That easy.

Apart from a couple of folding artifacts around the knees I'm quite pleased
with the image. I had to add 'hollow' to the figure object so that the
transparent part of the hair worked right with the ground fog and added
'double_illuminate' just for good measure.

Picture credits:

Aiko 3.0 Base with Aiko 3.0 Morphs and Maps
'Sarina' figure morph
'Nienna Surion' clothing
'Starlet' Hair

Posed in DAZ|Studio 1.3.1.0