POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I want to use media to render like this~~ : Re: I want to use media to render like this~~ Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:33:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want to use media to render like this~~
From: lien0n
Date: 27 Aug 2006 22:20:00
Message: <web.44f25204a61f9468598059850@news.povray.org>
hi, everyone, sorry that i can't log in these days.

In fact, i create the DENSFILE with a physically-based fluid simulation
method (i wrote it! :)), and i want to use "media" to render my simulation
result. The DENSFILE represent the density field of my result, which is
actually a scalar 3D array, or a 3D texture. Therefore, i think the "media"
object in povray is the tool i want...

Feldman (the author of the left image) use pixie to render the left image.
They use plenty of particles to represent their smoke.

However, i want to know that if it is possible for me to use the media
object to achieve similar effects.