POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Bug? excessive opening of source file : Re: Bug? excessive opening of source file Server Time
17 May 2024 06:50:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug? excessive opening of source file
From: Eric Buddington
Date: 27 Aug 2006 19:15:01
Message: <web.44f225dabef7e84aabef64010@news.povray.org>
> Eric Buddington wrote:
> > So in short, the source file is opened about 5.997 times for each data line
> > read. Poking through the POV source hasn't enlightened me yet. Can anyone
> > explain this (the behaviour, not my failure to understand the source)?
>
> http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/243/#s02_02_02_08_02
>
> Christoph

I was indeed calling a macro defined in the main file. #declaring the number
I needed in a separate variable instead of calling the macro speeded parsing
up in a most gratifying way, and cut the number of open()s down to 2.

I've been quite impressed (and grateful) this last week with the quality of

-Eric