POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Entry : IRTC Entry Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:37:44 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC Entry
From: s day
Date: 27 Aug 2006 15:15:00
Message: <web.44f1ee3c5260ff6b83e709290@news.povray.org>
Hi,

This is my entry for the latest IRTC competition. Any comments/critism
welcome, I couldn't seem to get the level of realism I was after, probably
the textures more than anything else. I tried lots of variations but it
still looks very fake. Still I am quite pleased with the outcome. The train
was moslty modelled before the topic was announced I just finished off the
coal truck and a few other touches then had to texture it to make it look
old. (I will restore it later for any concerned train fans..) Everything is
CSG (apart from the trees which are Arbaro), nearly 12,000 lines in total..

Sean

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'old royal scot.jpg' (398 KB)