POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds : Re: Clouds Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clouds
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 25 Aug 2006 06:40:01
Message: <web.44eed2fabfc3ad84731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Bruno Cabasson" <bru### [at] alcatelaleniaspacefr> wrote:
> I recently worked on the question of clouds
Hi Bruno!

I have to say, these are awesome clouds. If I can get my cumulus looking
half as good as this... :) Most of these images appear to have clouds as
continuous layers - are these isosurface clouds? And I notice there are
some 'fringing' glows when the sun is behind the clouds - does this
behaviour occur naturally when you move the light source or does it require
different media?

> and I found that one should
> separate cloud layers from individual clouds.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this... do you mean to use either
one or the other?

> But I would not recomment adjusting the
> aspect via emission. First because it does not correspod to reality, and
> second because it will interact with radiosity in a wrong manner.
Yes, I'd rather not have used emission, but it did make a big difference. As
to reality - well, the effect I'm looking for would have to be simulated by
media interacting with itself via radiosity, which I don't believe is
possible.

> Btw: can I attach more than one image in a post?
Not via the web interface. With a newsreader, I believe so.

> Now I am working on some other features: sun aspect (halo ...)
I'd like to see that when you have some results!

Bill