POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds : Re: Clouds Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:42:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clouds
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 25 Aug 2006 06:05:01
Message: <web.44eec877bfc3ad8424754c920@news.povray.org>
Hi there.

I recently worked on the question of clouds, and I found that one should
separate cloud layers from individual clouds. I developed macros and
template files in order to control atmposphere effects, cloud layers,
individual clouds, redenning of light when the sun is low above the
horizon.

One thing is sure: if you want nice clouds, it takes long to render because
you need to increase the number of samples. You also must tune the ratio
scatter/absorb, chose the scattering type (MIE_HAZY_SCATTERING seem OK),or
maybe combine 2 scattering types. But I would not recomment adjusting the
aspect via emission. First because it does not correspod to reality, and
second because it will interact with radiosity in a wrong manner.

Here is my last result. I post right after some other samples of what I got
so far. These are 800x600 renders with 2/3 of them is sky. They took 2-3
hours ach with an athlon XP 3000+.

Btw: can I attach more than one image in a post?

Now I am working on some other features: sun aspect (halo ...)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sample_28.jpg' (21 KB)

Preview of image 'sample_28.jpg'