POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : learning about photons ... : Re: learning about photons ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: learning about photons ...
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 20 Aug 2006 18:05:00
Message: <web.44e8dbd8a1208f413b7335820@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

> Your floor is very reflective. It makes the protons barely visible, if at all.
> Try rendering again but without photons and see if there is a notable
> difference. Rename your current image to preserve it and make it easier to compare.

You're right, I'm thinking about changing the tabletop surface.  Here's
another render, and you can see a slight effect in the shadow of the rocket
(near Earth's reflection).  I like the effect, and if I change the surface I
think it will be more visible.

> --
> Alain
> Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
>   - The Bayou, Baton Rouge , LO

That statement is so silly it's not even worth responding to.  But I will
anyway, since I'm from Baton Rouge and I don't want anyone to think we have
that mindset. Very, very few people from there are so narrow minded.  Maybe
no one should have fought against Hitler.  I'm sure we'd all be living in a
much more peaceful world.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rocketplanets_nophotons.jpg' (66 KB)

Preview of image 'rocketplanets_nophotons.jpg'
rocketplanets_nophotons.jpg