POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : learning about photons ... : learning about photons ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  learning about photons ...
From: Mike Sobers
Date: 18 Aug 2006 17:30:01
Message: <web.44e6308515d1acfcd5f7071c0@news.povray.org>
This is my first scene with photons.  I used "spacing 0.02" in the
declaration block, with this on the Rocket only:
    photons {  // photon block for Rocket
      target 1.0
      refraction on
      reflection on
    }

No photons declared for the other objects in the scene.  I like the result,
but I'm not sure what effect is due to the photons, so I'm in the process
of re-rendering it without them to compare.

Trivia - there are 52 reflection levels, but I decided to set max trace to
15 to speed things up a bit.

Any suggestions, content, technique or otherwise?

BTW, the environment is an office map generated by Jaime Vives Piqueres.

Thanks,
Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: