POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mario rendered in Lego : Re: Mario rendered in Lego Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mario rendered in Lego
From: scam
Date: 16 Aug 2006 18:50:00
Message: <web.44e3a0f2be537bf3a665db720@news.povray.org>
"JWV" <jwv|at|planet.nl> wrote:
> This looks very cool!
>
> Do you have a large number of .bmp/.jpg files as input, or do you use a
> video file?
>
> JWV

Cheers! I started with a video file captured in an emulator, converted that
at 25 fps to a bunch of png's, and then resized them to the number of 'lego
pixels' I had in my image. A bit of SDL and I got the video above.

> Awesome. If you make it totally photorealistic, and jitter the blocks
> about (both individually and as a whole), add random colored blocks
> disconnected at the sides for one or two frames, and occasionally put in
> a frame where you can see your hand at the side, you could probably
> convince people you did this all by hand with stop-motion. :-)

Great tips there mate. The next version with your suggestions and a bit of
depth
is going to look really cool! Watch this space...