POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Archway macro : Archway macro Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Archway macro
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 16 Aug 2006 10:00:01
Message: <web.44e32359326a0ad3731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Afternoon, all.

Not posted for a while; my laptops were stolen last month so raytracing's
been off the menu for a bit (unless I do it by hand - eek!).

I was doodling a few days ago during a lazy afternoon at work, and came up
with a half-decent archway macro. It builds arches with or without
keystones from curved, smooth-edged bricks using CSG. Arches are defined by
angle, number of bricks and inner / outer radius, centred on the origin.
Bricks can be spaced out or touching. Here's an example image with four
concentric arches of varying shape; it took ages to render but that's
mainly because of the radiosity and normals. I'll post source if anybody's
interested.

I was interested to note that when I hand-bounded the intersection shapes,
rendering sped up by about 4x!

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: