POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mario rendered in Lego : Mario rendered in Lego Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Mario rendered in Lego
From: scam
Date: 15 Aug 2006 22:15:01
Message: <web.44e27bd71f0f71aba665db720@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

After seeing a few cool Lego mosaics (where an image is built up from lego
bricks) I thought to myself 'why not cut out
all the hard work and just do a photo-realistic ray traced version
instead!',
which led me to the image attached.

Firstly though, the wooden background was NOT done in POV-Ray, it is infact
a photo of a desk. The Lego blocks (1x1x1) are of my own design, although I
might move them over to one of the Lego POV-Ray libraries floating about
soon.

What I would really like are tips to make it look more photo-realistic. So
far I just have a simple area light, another point light, and a little bit
of focal blur. I played with some HDR rendering using image maps in
MegaPOV, but the results didn't seem to capture the vibrant colours you
expect from Lego and took a long time to render.

So any tips?

Cheers.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: