POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Simple radiosity scene, with questionable results : Re: Simple radiosity scene, with questionable results Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Simple radiosity scene, with questionable results
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Aug 2006 17:30:00
Message: <web.44de475e88c0609f149e6880@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:

> You can have realy good lighting using only radiosity, but you get beter result
> if you use relatively large ambient lights.
>
> --

Yes, that has been my experience as well. Making my single ambient 1 light
just two or three times larger greatly improves the "realistic" look of the
bounced radiosity.  I think that I might be giving POV a somewhat *extreme
situation* to deal with, by making my single light sphere so small. In
"normal" radiosity scenes that I've done, using a sky_sphere
and several actual light sources, it is MUCH easier to get
good results.

Ken