POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Speaking of optical illusions... : Re: Speaking of optical illusions... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of optical illusions...
From: stm31415
Date: 11 Aug 2006 16:15:00
Message: <web.44dce4a2bb477a88520f24ae0@news.povray.org>

> I think I'll put it on my stack to read again. The nice thing is, stuff
> like this really doesn't go out of date. Brains don't evolve as fast as
> computers.

<rant type="OT" degree="mild">
That would be true if we knew everything about the brain to begin with.
Alas, to a great extent, we must make junk up (an exaggeration - careful
reasearch leads to very resonable hypothoses and occasionally
full-and-proper theories of brain function) but the field is still very
much in flux - in fact, if I am recalling this correctly, more than any
other filed, biomedical or otherwise, in science today . We just don't know
that much now - let alone 5 years ago. Look up whether memory is holographic
or localed (located?) in a book that is still in print, one from five years
ago, and then ask a couple people who know. Even with only two options, I
bet you get 5 differnt answers ;) At least look to see if your library has
something newer before you return to an old favorite- too much cool stuff
has happened to miss.
</rant>

-s
5TF!