POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having problems with my lawn ... : Re: Having problems with my lawn ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having problems with my lawn ...
From: Kenneth
Date: 8 Aug 2006 06:25:00
Message: <web.44d866367c1eaaaee22fe6bb0@news.povray.org>
> I used radiosity on the first one, but my sky was not very bright.  I
> increased the ambient on the sky, made it a little more yellow, and added
> some ambient to the green grass to help reduce sharp shadows in the grass
> and simulate the slight translucency of the green blades.  However, now the
> extra light shows that I need to work on the dirt texture on the ball.
>
> Mike

I like this one much better.

The ball looks like it has been used and abused, by lots of dirty hands.
Nice! Though, I think the scene needs *something* white or near-white, to
tell the eye that it's a full-brightness-range image; otherwise, it still
looks a bit like an under-exposed photo. Perhaps a few random patches of
the faded-white ball stripes could be made whiter?

Ken W.