POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A puzzle : Re: A puzzle Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A puzzle
From: Scowdich
Date: 7 Aug 2006 17:45:00
Message: <web.44d7b3cbced82d47d1a114be0@news.povray.org>
Norbert Melzer <nor### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
> Am Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:52:26 -0600 schrieb Jim Henderson:
>

> Depending on that what the OP said I assume boxes there. And yes, planes
> are INfinites, thats why I said two times that the OP has an typo in his
> statistics.
>
> But now, when I write about boxes... I have an idea:
> The room is a box, and we are within it. So would remaining 5 finite
> Objects for "Thingy" [1] In this case I would suggest one sphere-object,
> but dunno what is substracted from it...
>
> OP! Please give us a hint, and if it is only 'bout the counting of your
> objects...

Fine, fine, fine, a hint.  As before, the only boxes are those that form the
"walls" of the little room containing the object of mystery.  The object
itself is composed of three identical objects and a sphere, related through
an intersection.  All that's left now is the identity of the original
objects; any guesses?  Another hint: without the sphere involved, the
thingy would have pointy corners.

-Scowdich