POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A puzzle : Re: A puzzle Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A puzzle
From: Scowdich
Date: 6 Aug 2006 22:50:00
Message: <web.44d6aa19ced82d47d1a114be0@news.povray.org>
Mark Wagner <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> It's four spheres arranged in a tetrahedron and differenced from a central
> sphere.
>
> --
> Mark

Nope...sorry.  Notice, it's somewhat cubical: that would imply six spheres,
but the main element isn't spheres, either.  Note the hole in the middle
where everything comes together, and note also that the curvature on each
side is opposite that of a sphere.  Here's one made of wood for better
examination.  (About 5 minutes for rendering at 1680X1050, my desktop
size).  And, there are no difference functions involved (though I am trying
to hollow it out so I can fill it partway with water; any suggestions on
how to do so?).