POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having problems with my lawn ... : Re: Having problems with my lawn ... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having problems with my lawn ...
From: Charles C
Date: 3 Aug 2006 19:30:00
Message: <web.44d285fc7c1eaaae3869c6770@news.povray.org>
Cool!  I'm trying to fix this on my real back lawn.  Even though the
sprinkler covers the entire lawn, there's a well-defined bright circle of
green in the middle around where I put the sprinkler.

The image isn't bad as is, but for something with sharp shadows the sun
doesn't seem very strong.  Highlights on the grass blades and reducing the
darkness between blades would add to it I think.  I know you said this was
a test render for using eval_pigment but it seems just a few tweeks away
from being compelling realism.

Charles