POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vegetation, first test... (WIP) : Re: Vegetation, first test... (WIP) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vegetation, first test... (WIP)
From: benighted
Date: 28 Jul 2006 02:15:00
Message: <web.44c9aaa8b456ad5afbb4eed00@news.povray.org>
Just a quick update.

I've rendered a new pic this night, using a terrain made in Wilbur, and
imported to my software as a TGA heightfield.

The iteration time was 8m 16sec for 109 steps. Used 16 000 plants (no
trees/shrubs this time). Parse time in POV was 4 sec and rendertime was 3h
16m.

The area of the mesh is 100x100m with a vertical scale of 10m between the
highest and lowest point, the largest plants are 2m tall. (or replace m
with your unit of choice =), i just use it in my thinking).

I'm not totally satisfied with the image but it's a pretty good impression
of "Grassy sanddunes" on a hot beach or some dry streambed in a dry place.
Now i just have to model some plants and make a bit "lusher" and more
colourful vistas, although I do like the deserts to =).. I'm still just
drooling over Norberts images, and of course congrats to Norbert for
winning the IRTC stills round, just lovely image :).

I'll be back later to answer the questions.

/Jani

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'vegetationtest-2.jpg' (478 KB)

Preview of image 'vegetationtest-2.jpg'
vegetationtest-2.jpg