POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Molecular beauty : Re: Molecular beauty Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Molecular beauty
From: Shurakai
Date: 20 Jul 2006 13:10:01
Message: <web.44bfb82958e020876b3522e90@news.povray.org>
"EagleSun" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> 1:  Looks like you have an opportunity to make 2 renders: 1 for left eye, 1
> for right eye, and make it 3D!  Can you do one for us?  They are popular in
> chemistry journals.... at least when I used to be research assistant.
>
> 2:  What is this software ORTEP3?  Does it import/export to different
> models?

Hi EagleSun,

hmmmm stereo view. It should be no problem to render one image with a
camera-position left and one with the position right to the centered normal
vector to the molecule. But the difficulties will start when i need to merge
both images into one using red and blue colors. I think the idea is good but
it's not possible for the complete image including the background. But for
the single molecule alone maybe i can achieve a good looking steroview.

ORTEP3 is a program for displaying the Thermal ellipsoids (ORETP = Oak Rich
Thermal Ellipsoid Plot) of determined X-ray crystal structures. These
ellipsoids represent the space occupied by the electrons of a atomic
nucleous with 50 % propability level. It has nothing to do with POVRAY
except the fact that is exportes very nice *.pov files of the structural
data of a molecule. You can only use it to converst different molecular
structure file formats into each others but You cannot interconvert models
from other sources.

Best regards, Shu.