POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Molecular beauty : Re: Molecular beauty Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Molecular beauty
From: Shurakai
Date: 20 Jul 2006 12:55:00
Message: <web.44bfb52a58e020876b3522e90@news.povray.org>
"Nekar" <ger### [at] rpmmagcoza> wrote:
> Lovely. I still want to see something like this with the electron fields
> rendered instead of the connector sticks. Maybe it would look too
> confusing.. or maybe it could look very pretty...
>

> --
> -Nekar Xenos
> "The truth is out there"

Hi Nekar,

i also would like to render electron density-maps, because that's what You
measure in a X-ray diffraction experiment. But up to now i didn't find a
way to convert the different slices of fourier-maps or electron density
maps to DF3 format. It would be very nice to render the unit cell, or even
only the asymmetric unit in a way that it represents the electron density
in the space by illuminating clouds. If someone have a good idea i would
appreciate a lot to hear it.

Best ragards, Shu