POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Underwater : Re: Underwater Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Underwater
From: EagleSun
Date: 14 Jul 2006 16:30:01
Message: <web.44b7fe1241c8db3c841337530@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Lately I've been participating in the lighting challenges hosted by Jeremy
> Birn over at CGTalk (http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=185).
> (I have a feeling that I may be the only POVer there at the moment,
> everyone elseseems to be using commercial level progs)
> Anyways, here is one of my latest entries in the latest challenge that I
> wanted to share here.
>
> -tgq
>
> p.s. It would be nice to maybe see some more POV presence if anyone is
> looking for a challenge.

WOW!@

I think you are going to win this one....  Lots of professional-looking
software use many rendering shortcuts and take away from real physics light
modelling.  It's too expensive (on CPU) to render things right.  But if you
want to win the prize, you need to pay the price.

You are using internal media, right?  I suggest to bump up the "interval"
and "sample".  Those 2 parameters are extremely expensive, but they produce
lively results.